Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Groningen

This morning, after riding across a huge dyke (dijk) and passing Bolsward (where I played in 2007) I stopped in Groningen. I was last here in 1985 on a day trip from the Haarlem organ course. Although it wasn't possible to hear the organ in the Martinikerk, the building was at least open so I took some photos and bought a cd. Back in 1985 I was probably too busy on the road to being 'tired and emotional' to appreciate it fully.

Last night's camping was a bit busy and noisy and I wasn't really in the mood for travel this morning. I'm feeling better now after enjoying the stop here, and will head on towards Hamburg. But where I'd really like to be is on a Greek island, in a taverna by the sea, reading and relaxing. It's too late to do that this year so I'll keep going for the moment, but there's nothing to stop me from turning round and coming home at any point I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Another adventure for Motobaker. I'm sure a good nights sleep tonight will give you a renewed enthusiasm. When I get down on trips, I think about being at work and suddenly my mood improves!

    ReplyDelete

Please add comments here