We've had a few days relaxing here in Kythnos, one of the Cyclades which is not very far from Athens. (The ferry made one stop, at the island of Kea, on the way here, on a crossing which was under three hours.) It's quiet, with few foreigners (i.e. non-Greeks). I've not done much. Sleep has been the main pastime - the holiday has been quite active so far and I want to make sure I come back to London fresh for another 11 months of early morning chorister practices. We head back to Athens this evening and I'll spend the whole of tomorrow there, using some of the time to plan next term's music and schedule, then on Wednesday the journey back to London begins.
Right now, Richard is on his way south through France on his moto - a slightly more up-to-date version of mine - and we hope to meet up somewhere in northern Italy on Thursday, once I've disembarked from the Patras-Ancona ferry. As is my wont, we've got no firm plans and will play it by ear, but I have told my sister I'll be in Paris to see the family on Sunday afternoon, which gives a certain focus to the riding.
The weather has been wonderful since the south of Romania and, as always, I am loath to head back into the northern climate. Typically the good weather will last until the Alps, then there'll be a good "welcome home" drenching somewhere in northern France. Let's see...
Here are some photos of Kythnos.











