Today is the day that made it worthwhile coming all this way, for 2 reasons:
1. Easy Riding
Dusty desert-like roads through incredible landscapes, hardly any traffic, no hurry to be anywhere, I felt I could stop and take pictures whenever, and, for the first time on this trip I connected my in-ear headphones (which I've been using as earplugs so far) to Spotify on the iPhone and had incredible quality stereo music as I rode. I used my "moto" playlist, which centres on the soundtrack from the movie Easy Rider: Steppenwolf, Jimi Hendrix, The Byrds, Roger McGuinn, Bob Dylan, etc. Perfect music for riding. And I realised that it was 2 weeks since I'd listened to (or played) any music at all - rather a long gap. Here are some pics from the first part of the day.
2. Because of finding these, as I went further south into Cappadocia
And a few more "Ben Bulbens"
There was nobody around. I've found a camping with wifi in Gorëme - more incredible lunar landscapes here - but also lots of tourists, though the camping itself is quiet. Unfortunately it seems that all the Turkish campings are in tourist hot spots. Will post more photos next time.






















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please add comments here