Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dilemma

Last year I caught the ferry to Spain on the evening of Easter Day, but this year a concert in Berlin on Monday delayed the start of the holiday. On arriving back home yesterday I couldn't decide what to do: Spain, France, Holland/Denmark, Scotland or Ireland - the weather everywhere except the south of Spain is wintry, colder than my post-Christmas trip. A cycling holiday in Brittany is another option.

In the end, though, I've decided to go to the top of Scotland and brave the bad weather. I'll leave in a couple of hours wearing a full set of heated bike clothing and will bring winter camping gear. I've never camped in adverse conditions before so it'll be a test of my resolve.

I suppose if it's really awful I can always find B&Bs or a hotel, and, contrary to most holidays it'll mean that I can look forward to coming back to London and starting work again!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you've had a positive day and somewhere good to stay. Camping or hotel, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete

Please add comments here