Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pannier frames

Today I returned to Metal Mule and had the recoated pannier frames fitted. I was satnav-less and spaced out this morning and set out as though I was going down the A3, not the A23. After realising my mistake I cut across from the Kingston bypass to Dorking and took the A24 right down to the coast - a great biking road - then across the A27 to the north of Brighton and into the MM HQ. According to the iPhone it was meant to be a dry (albeit grey) day, but it was actually quite rainy and misty down by the coast.

There was a bit of tut-tutting at MM about the baffles having been removed so I was a good boy and put them back - well, for the moment anyway. The new frames look great but I forgot to take a pic. I rode on to Newhaven to let the bike get its first view of the sea - hopefully there will be many more - then back up the A26 and A22, M25 and A23. I hate the A23 route in/out of London but it's difficult to avoid. I managed to get past several red-light stops in Brixton and Streatham without getting knifed, which was a relief, but also quite unusual I gather.

The bike has now passed the 400 mile mark - it was on about 470 by the time I got home - and so I started to ride in a much livelier manner: lots of overtaking and the max revs now up to 6,500. I'll red-line it on my way to the 600 mile service when it gets a complete oil-change. That's currently scheduled for Thursday 9 Feb.

By the way, last Wed I went out to Vines in the afternoon to look at the Streetguard suit again. It fitted very well, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here