Sunday, November 6, 2011

Home already

The return ferry, Normandie, docked at 9.15pm. I left the port at 9.30 and was in Putney by 10.45pm - the Hindhead tunnel makes a huge difference to journey times. Then I crawled along the King's Road due to the dozy Saturday evening traffic. I was home by 11pm, only 27 hours after boarding the outbound ferry. It was worth doing, though: the next couple of months will be busy and I enjoyed the change of scene.

Here are some photos to pad out yesterday's text-only post.
Cap Finistere sails out as I watch from Gunwharf

Just 3 bikes in queue to board Bretagne

FJR being tied down


Firework display as we leave port

Looking down on Gunwharf from Bretagne

France appears at first light

St Malo from the ferry as we dock

St Malo (and the ferry if you look closely) from Dinard

Cap Fréhel



Cathedral of Dol de Bretagne

Looking east

Looking west from the crossing

Looking west from the very east end

I lit 2 candles

Mont St Michel

The church in Vire

The disused Barfleur is tied up on the canal in Caen


I was the first to board Normandie

and had the car-deck to myself for a while

On deck at Ouistreham

Leaving port after just 8 hours in France


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here