Thursday, August 4, 2011

Burnt out in Burgas

There was no wifi in last night's camping.  Well there was, but nobody would give me the password.  And about an hour after I drifted off to sleep some Poles returned to their tents a few yards away and had a party, which meant I was awake for a good 2/3 hours.  I packed up very noisily this morning, making a point of doing lots of hammering on my aluminium panniers, warming up the engine for a few minutes and then checking the horn was operational, before departing with high revs.  Bastards!

Anyway, as a result I'm feeling quite washed out, so I stopped in Burgas after what seemed like a very long morning ride in typical summer coastal traffic, and found a cafe with free wifi to upload yesterdays' blog.  It also occurred to me that my fatigue may be due in part to a diet of ice cream and coca zero, so, to keep Richard happy, I've just eaten this enormous plate of Bulgarian Gay Food.

I doubt I'll make it to Istanbul today - although it's not far as the crow flies, by road I have to do  quite a loop, but I hope to make it over the border into Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here