Yes, it's THE GREEKS! No surprise there, I suppose. The Turks, although lively and creative in their approach, were always courteous and never seemed to drive with a death wish, either for themselves or for anyone else.
The same can't be said of the traffic I encountered riding into and out of Athens this morning! Motorcyclists are probably the worst offenders. I was signalling right and had started to change to the inside lane on a motorway doing around 60/70mph, when a moto with 2 helmetless riders in T-shirts and shorts undertook me doing, at a conservative estimate, 90 or 100mph, avoiding a collision by inches! The crapness of the driving in general is quite endearing really, though, and I find it amusing that these angry chaotic daredevils in cars become very kind, sweet people when you meet them in person.
I think the funniest, and worst, bit of driving I've seen was yesterday while touring Chios. Coming down a mountainside via a series of slow hairpin bends, approaching one particular bend I became aware of a woman just around the other side, on my side of the road, driving at quite a speed in reverse towards the bend. I held my thumb on the horn button and thankfully she slammed the brakes on and I was able to avoid crashing into her. As I passed she gave me a dirty look as though I'd done something wrong!
You have to laugh...