Thursday, November 8, 2012

Overdue service

This morning I took the train to Guildford and got a taxi to Vines, the BMW dealer. There I picked up the GSA which I'd taken last week for a service (I couldn't be bothered to wait for it on the day) and had a ride in beautiful sunshine down to Portsmouth for lunch. I've not ridden properly since getting back from Scandinavia over two months ago, so I took it easy to begin with. The bike looked new again, having been cleaned as well as serviced, and felt happier too - the mileage is nearly 7,000 so the service was overdue and by the end of the summer it was feeling sluggish and in need of new oil etc. It also received new front discs under warranty - the originals had warped - so now when braking it no longer feels like riding a bucking bronco.

It's unlikely I'll have another ride this side of Christmas, so I'm glad I took advantage of the unusually warm day. So far, no speeding fines have arrived from Norway so it looks as though I got away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here