Friday, December 30, 2011

Buckfast

Today I had planned a few stops on the way home but the weather was poor for most of the journey so I just kept moving. I did spend an hour at Buckfast Abbey, though, and met the organist/composer Dom Sebastian Woolfe for the first time, now 82 years old. He gave me some of his organ and choral music, including a Missa brevis which would work well with the cathedral choir.

After Buckfast I stopped once for petrol and once for a hot drink and was home by the late afternoon. The FJR was pretty dirty from all the muck on the roads so I gave it a wash - I want it to look good for its final journey tomorrow - yes, I'm taking it to Guildford where it'll be part traded for a new moto. More on that tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some photos of the last 3 days.

Lostwithiel (main road)

Fowey



Ferry across the river


40,000 miles

Truro Cathedral

Land's End


St Ives

Looking out from the Tate - more pleasant than looking in!

The moon over St Ives

Buckfast nave


The Abbey church

The FJR on its last trip with me - I'll miss it...

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you can manage to hit 100mph en route to Vines. I can't think of a better way to mark the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did - pulled off the A3 at the Wisley services then straight back on again up to max revs. But straight back down to 70 as Rozzers abound in that area!

    ReplyDelete

Please add comments here